With music accessibility bigger and wider than ever, finding great-sounding speakers to play your favourite tunes from could traditionally be an expensive and cumbersome experience. Bulky-box type speakers with wires and audio equipment often took over the whole room and invariably weren’t too effective.
The advent of soundbars has changed all of that. These line-shaped speaker systems sit below your TV, only require one outlet and provide sound that’s way better than the speakers in built into your TV set – making them hugely popular the world over.
Choosing the best soundbar system for music, gaming, or home theatre will depend on your personal preference, tolerance for wires, and space constraints, but there are good options available in all these configurations.
This guide breaks down the best soundbars on the market and goes into detail on each product – to help find the best soundbar option for you.
Best Soundbar 2021
- Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar Sound System with Universal Remote Control
- RIF6 Sound Bar – 35 Inch Home Theater TV Soundbar with LED Display
- VIZIO 2.1 Sound Bar SB3821-C6 with Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth
- Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar
- JBL Bar 5.1 4K Ultra HD 5.1-Channel Soundbar with True Wireless Surround Speakers
- Bose Soundbar 500 with Alexa voice control built-in
- Sound Bar, Bestisan TV Sound Bar with Wired Subwoofer
- Sound bar, BESTISAN Soundbar Wired and Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Speaker
- Sonos Playbar – The Mountable Sound Bar for TV, Movies, Music
- Samsung 2.1 Soundbar HW-R550 with Wireless Subwoofer